School History
1956
Our campus opened in 1956 under the principalship of the late Dorothy Swope, a leading Houston educator for more than half a century. During the 1950's and 60’s, many streets and residential developments in southwest Houston were given Scottish names such as braeburn, which means “hillside brook.”
2017
The original school building is damaged during Hurricane Harvey. Staff and students were displaced for the next two school years between two different sites. Charter buses transported students to the temporary locations.
2018
Construction begins on the new building.
2020
The current building is completed, but due the COVID-19 pandemic students and staff were not allowed in the building until October of that year.
